UK spouse visa
After registering your marriage in Thailand, a UK spouse visa can now be applied by your Thai wife. The UK spouse visa allows you to bring your wife to the UK and this type of visa also enables her to work legally in the UK provided that all the paperwork is completed. You can directly apply for the UK spouse visa once you have been issued your marriage certificate. Speak to a Thailand lawyer for more information.
UK spouse visa
Requirements for the UK Spouse Visa in Thailand
- ·Both should be 18 years or older
- ·Both should have met in person, and should be legally marUK spouse visaried
- ·Both should have an intent to cohabit permanently in the UK
- ·UK citizen should have sustainable funds for self-support in the UK
- ·UK citizen should have earnings of not less than £ 18,600 annually
- ·Thai fiancée should satisfy the requirements for the English language and passed the Medical exam – TB Test
The whole process for the UK Spouse Visa in Thailand may be issued within three months, depending on various factors. The visa will be valid for 33 months wherein your Thai wife will then have to apply for permission to stay in the UK permanently. It can be extended to five years wherein it would be possible to apply for an Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR); she will then be able to apply for UK citizenship.
The amount of money to show financial ability of the UK citizen would vary depending on whether the wife has a child or not. You need to meet the annual financial requirement of £ 18,600 if applying only for yourself; £ 22,400 if applying with one child; and £ 2,400 for each additional child.
The wife needs to undergo a language skills test from an approved test provider. Her language ability is required to be checked as she would need to be able to converse while staying in the UK. Here is a list of the documents needed:
- – Current passport or any valid travel document
- – Proof of relationship
- – Police clearance certificate
- – Proof of financial ability to meet and maintain the requirements
- – Proof of knowledge of the English language if above 18 years old
- – Tuberculosis test results
If you are planning on taking your Thai girlfriend back to the UK then ensure that she has not been deported before from the UK as it is not that uncommon. Also ensure that you have the correct visa such as a fiancee visa for your Thai fiancee and a UK Spouse visa for your Thai wife. Do not use a tourist visa for the UK for this as this may create problems later as they may view this as fraud. Check with the UK Embassy for any changes or speak to a lawyer in Thailand.
https://www.phuket-lawfirm.com/uk-spouse-visa.htmlhttps://www.phuket-lawfirm.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/pexels-photo-62263-1024x683.jpeghttps://www.phuket-lawfirm.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/pexels-photo-62263-150x150.jpegUK Immigrationuk visaAfter registering your marriage in Thailand, a UK spouse visa can now be applied by your Thai wife. The UK spouse visa allows you to bring your wife to the UK and this type of visa also enables her to work legally in the UK provided that all the...admin7 firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorPhuket Law Office