Work Permit in Thailand
You will need a Work Permit in Thailand to work legally. As stated before there is no such thing as a work visa in Thailand. The Business visa does not allow you to work in Thailand. Once you have a proper visa you will need to ensure that you apply for a Thai work permit before the 90 days of the visa lapses. Depending on what type of employment you will be taking in Thailand will determine what documents you will need for the visa application.
Work Permit in Thailand
Note that if you are going to teach in Thailand then they might ask you for your Teacher Licence as well as a CBC (Criminal Background Check) before they issue your visa. These depend on the Embassy in Asia which you are going to as some do not require this for the visa application.
Certain documents you will need to provide and the other documents will be provided to you by the company you are going to work for. These documents are normally as follows:
You will need to provide documents as follows for your Thai work permit. Note also that you will need to ensure that all the submitted documents have been certified and are correct. Some of these documents you will need to have certified at your Embassy. These documents are as follows:
- – Your passport – they will require copies of all the pages of the passport;
- – Your business visa or marriage visa in your passport;
- – Your Departure Card TM.6 in your passport;
- – You will need a copy of your degree or diploma;
- – Your blood group is now also required with your home country address;
- – The medical certification in Thailand now with a syphilis stage 3 test;
- – Your photos which has been taken in the last 6 months;
- – Your Thai Marriage Certificate if you are married to Thai citizen;
- – Your Thai wife’s ID card and also her Tabian Baan;
- – Your Withholding Tax PND 1 form and PND 91 form if this is a renewal of the permit.
These are all the documents that would be needed by the Thai Labour Office to issue you with a work permit. Should you have questions then you will need to speak to a lawyer in Bangkok or a lawyer in Phuket for more information.
Company Documents needed:
- – You will need the Commercial Registration Department;
- – You will need a Shareholders List certified by the Commercial Registration Department;
- – You will also need the Factory License (if required);
- – You will also need a VAT Certificate – Phor Phor 20 of the business;
- – You will also need the Withholding Tax – Phor Ngor Dor 1 for a renewal of the permit.
Speak to an attorney in Thailand for more information about the work permit rules. They do change more often than not and this is why the above should only be used as guidance and nothing more. Check with the attorneys for any changes since this page was written.
https://www.phuket-lawfirm.com/work-permit-in-thailand.htmlhttps://www.phuket-lawfirm.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/work-permit-thailand-e1447400851775.jpghttps://www.phuket-lawfirm.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/work-permit-thailand-e1447400851775-150x150.jpgThai LawYou will need a Work Permit in Thailand to work legally. As stated before there is no such thing as a work visa in Thailand. The Business visa does not allow you to work in Thailand. Once you have a proper visa you will need to ensure that you...admin7 email@example.comAdministratorPhuket Law Office